- Gerald Bray, ed. James, 1-2 Peter, 1-3 John, Jude. Ancient Christian Commentary on Scripture (IVP, 2000)
- E. G. Selwyn, The First Epistle of St. Peter: The Greek Text with Introduction, Notes, and Essays (Macmillan, 1947)
- J. N. D. Kelly, The Epistles of Peter and of Jude (A & C Black, 1969)
- L. Goppelt, 1 Peter (Eerdmans, 1993)
- J. R. Michaels, 1 Peter (Word, 1988)
- M. Volf, “Soft Difference: Theological Reflections on the Relation between Church and Culture in 1 Peter.” Ex Auditu 10 (1994): 15-30. Available online and accessed 2008-04-14. http://www.northpark.edu/sem/exauditu/papers/volf.html.
- P. Perkins, First and Second Peter, James, and Jude (Westminster, 1995)
- Scot McKnight, 1 Peter (Zondervan, 1996)
- M. E. Boring, 1 Peter (Abingdon, 1999)
- G. Stanton, “1 Peter” in The Eerdmans Bible Commentary eds. J. D. G. Dunn and J. W. Rogerson (Eerdmans, 2003)
- D. P. Senior, “1 Peter” in 1 Peter, Jude and 2 Peter D. P. Senior and D. J. Harrington (Michael Glazier, 2003)
- J. B. Green, “Faithful Witness in the Diaspora: The Holy Spirit and the Exiled People of God according to 1 Peter” in The Holy Spirit and Christian Origins: Essays in Honour of J. D. G. Dunn eds. G. N. Stanton, B. W. Longenecker, S. C. Barton (Eerdmans, 2004)
- K. H. Jobes, 1 Peter (Baker, 2005)
- D. A. Carson “1 Peter” in Commentary on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament eds. G. K. Beal and D. A. Carson (Baker, 2007)
- Ben Witherington, A Socio-Rhetorical Commentary on 1-2 Peter. Letters and Homilies for Hellenized Christians (IVP, 2007)
- J. Green, 1 Peter. Two Horizons New Testament Commentary (Eerdmans, 2007)
Volf's paper: Soft Difference, is outstanding and I would encourage anyone interested in 1 Peter to read this, in fact anyone interested in the Church and Culture should read this. Is there anything else on 1 Peter that is just a must read? Please, post it or email me...
I think I've finally cracked the first two chapters of 1 Peter, and so if I find time I'll blog about it. There's some great nuggets from Joel Green's excellent commentary, especially the way he translates the passages. Very helpful. Anyway, back to the books... Oh, and my laptop got a nasty virus called "stupid" and deleted by HDD, so I'm busy with that too...Chat soon...