Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Daniel?

I don't know how this happened. One minute it was a friendly discussion, the next I'm down to teach Daniel 4 at one of our largest churches. How did I, a New Testament geek, get asked to teach on Daniel 4? Of course, this perplexed status is no reflection of disbelief in the authority of the Hebrew testament, I just don't usually teach on it - so naturally, I'm terrified! Perhaps Daniel 7 could be done, [for then I could just teach on how the early Chritian writers appropriated this material] but Daniel 4?
So if anyone has any recommendations on commentaries or articles on Daniel that I should read, now would be the best time to make note of that! The stuff I've read already makes my head squirm with complex debates and discussions I know almost nothing about...
In other words: HELP!

No comments: