Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Exploring Oxford

Greetings friends and fellow bloggers. As you'll know from my last entry I'm having the privilege of exploring parts of the UK before speaking in Nottingham at the New Day conference. I'm currently in Oxford, checking out the Library and exploring the town. WOW, it's quite an amazing little place. I found the most deadly book shop with all sorts of precious gems that ended up costing me a small fortune...
Oh well, I guess it's not every day one gets to visit such an intellectual centre and although I won't be studying here [although dreams of one day doing post-doctoral studies...] I am leaving with a pile of books that will keep me well informed and able to engage with the thoughts and teachings of those who lecture and advance their views on this prestigious campus. I'm hoping to go to Wycliffe Hall later today, but time is ticking and so I must dash...
I'll be in London later this week, and then on to Cambridge next week which will be a super treat. :) I am chuffed about this trip and am glad to have this opportunity. Thanks to those who made it possible... May our gracious Father in Heaven, bless ya sox off...

3 comments:

Finnie Family said...

Hope you have a really GREAT time in Blighty mate!

Michael F. Bird said...

Sean,

There's a really cool book-shop in North London where they sell second-hand academic books. I know it's in a United Reformed or Baptist Church in a Jewish suburb (can't remember where!).

Sean said...

Well ah, London is pretty big and so far my explorations have not found anything remotely looking like an academic bookshop... so if anyone's got any more details...

Please...

I'm off to Nottingham next week for my lecture. Please pray for me!